STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
- acorn squash (I used two for two people because they were small; you may only need one for every two people if they're larger)
- butter (about 2 t. per squash)
- brown sugar (about 1 T. per squash)
- maple syrup (about 2 t. per squash)
- leftover cooked apples or applesauce (at least 1/2 c. per squash)
- golden raisins (about 2 T. per squash)
- toasted pecans (at least 1 T. per squash)
- dusting of finely ground sage
Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Score the flesh with a sharp knife. Rub each half lightly with butter -- about 1 t. per half. Place on baking sheet or in shallow pan.
For the filling, mix together the remaining ingredients and divide among squash halves.
Bake at 375 for about an hour.
Serve and enjoy!
And... cook, eat, dance, love!